Lucas County 4H Dog Rally Clinic
Saturday April 30th 2016
10am -Noon @ Fair Grounds
- Bring your dog, leash, Poop Baggies
- Treat carrier (like a hardware 3 pocket carpenter belt),
- A wooden spoon like you use to mix chocolate chip cookie mix.
- Treats- Healthy but high value for your dog
- Water and bowl for your dog and something for you to drink.
Feed him/her ½ their breakfast and bring the rest.
What is Dog Rally ?
Rally is a sport in which the dog and handler complete a course that has been designed
by the rally judge. The judge tells the handler to begin, and the dog and handler proceed
at their own pace through a course of designated stations (10 – 20, depending on the
level). Each of these stations has a sign providing instructions regarding the next skill
that is to be performed. Scoring is not as rigorous as traditional obedience.
RALLY LESSON PLAN
- Review what Rally is – 5 minutes
- Demo and practice basic signs – 10 minutes
- Work on watch me – 10 minutes
- Practice more advanced signs – 15 minutes
- Work on loose leash – 10 minutes
- Practice more advanced signs (still in the novice class) – 15 minutes
- Set-up a course pattern – 10 minutes
- Practice course w/ attention & loose leash 4 minutes/person – 20 minutes
Specific help/questions as needed
Sign up through Elliott Lawrence firstname.lastname@example.org or
Aimee Mottmiller email@example.com