Resources from the Northwest Ohio Farm to School Conference
Follow OSU Extension Lucas County on Facebook for updates.
Interested in celebrating National Farm to School Month in October? Here are some suggestions from OSU Extension, Lucas County.
Ohio Farm to School on Facebook
- How Extension professionals can summarize county information from the USDA Farm to School Census
USDA Farm to School Factsheets:
- Research Shows Farm to School Works
- School Gardens: Using Gardens to Grow Healthy Habits in Cafeterias, Classrooms, and Communities
- Integrating Local Foods Into Child Nutrition Programs
- Bringing Tribal Foods and Traditions into Cafeterias, Classrooms, and Gardens
- Farm to Preschool: Local Food and Learning in Early Childcare and Education Settings
- Farm to Summer: Why Summer Meal Programs are Ripe for Local Foods and Agriculture Based Activities
- Decision Tree: How Will You Bring Local Foods into the Cafeteria with Your Next School Food Purchase?
- Geographic Preference: What It Is and How To Use It
- USDA Farm to School Grant Program
- 10 Facts About Local Food in School Cafeterias
- USDA Foods: A Resource for Buying Local
- Selling Local Food to Schools: A Resource for Producers
- Using DoD Fresh to Buy Local
- Local Meat in Schools: Increasing Opportunities for Small and Mid-Sized Livestock Ranchers and Fishermen
- How Cooperative Extension Professionals Can Support Farm to School Programs
- USDA Grants and Loans that Support Farm to School Activities